Re: Celebrities you've seen in the flesh - where and when

while working in a hotel as an in-room dining waiter, i got to be in the same room as lindsday lohan and served her a table of sushi. i wanted so bad for her to at least look me in the eye but i was invisible to her mehhh.

"someone make me a mini disc with mohinder and city of caterpillar on it, stat. i need to feel young again." - mirieth-

met one of the twins off Skins, she was very nice

When I was a teenager through both clumsiness and being to absorbed in my walkman I used to have a terrible habit of walking straight into into people.

Across about 4 Edinburgh festivals I managed to bang into Jo Brand, Ryan Styles, Elaine C Smith, Gregg Proops and - my personal favourite - John Leslie (while he was doing a Blue Peter shoot)

I've grown out of being such a street shambles but if I ever see John Sessions or Clive Anderson I might bang into them for old times sake to complete the Who's Line is it Anyway set.

404 (edited by Gloom 05-01-2012 16:58:07)

Linford Christie came to our school. Didn't know who he was so wasn't interested.

Kris Akabusi came to our school in a helicopter I think. Didn't know who he was so wasn't interested. Had a photo taken with him, so I coloured his face in yellow on my copy.

Erm, if politicans count, a few more. Mostly me being rude to them. Prescott is a fat bufoon.

I've met loads of famous people

Vector Meldrow in Malta!

Added: 03-10-2012 04:55:53

Also Roy from Eastenders in the shoreham marks and spencers around 2001

My dad saw Kurt Cobain in a bar in Seattle just after Bleach came out

Added: 03-10-2012 05:33:52

Also- Clown from Slipknot stagediving during Trash Talk's set in london last year

John Barnes - walking down Goodge Street.

Joanna Scanlan (Terri from The Thick of It) - sat next to me in a cafe on Goodge Street.

Sky:Lark (Noisy Post-Hardcore) - http://skylark.bandcamp.com
Man Hands (Fastcore) - http://horsepartyrules.bandcamp.com

Dave Allen from Gang Of Four wants to add me on linkedin (does this count?)

Robbie Coltrane once grabbed my sister-in-law's arse in a supermarket and when she turned round and remonstrated with him, he held his hands up and said "sorry, I wisnae gettin' fresh!"

I delivered furniture to Frederick Pyne's house. (Matt Skilbeck from Emmerdale Farm as it was then)

I sat next to Rutger Hauer on a flight to Groningen at the weekend. I should have said something but he must get that "tears in rain" Blade Runner quote said to him all the time. Should have talked about Blind Fury instead. He is pretty hench and was wearing a bright yellow North Face puffa jacket.

Kunal wrote:

I sat next to Rutger Hauer on a flight to Groningen at the weekend. I should have said something but he must get that "tears in rain" Blade Runner quote said to him all the time. Should have talked about Blind Fury instead. He is pretty hench and was wearing a bright yellow North Face puffa jacket.

Kunal this is AWESOME!! I would have talked his ear off about Blind Fury cause I LOVE that film. Forget Blade Runner - I need info and anecdotes about The Hitcher, Salute of the Jugger, Wedlock, and the surreal Guinness adverts he made in the 80s.

Ad's Website

Please excuse me posting in this old threat, but minor celebrity sightings...

Pretty much the entire WWE roster of 2003/4, I was mad into wrestling when I was little and stayed at the same hotel as the wrestlers, got tonnes of photos, Chris Benoit put me in a headlock in the pic, quite eerie looking back at it now.

Paul Chuckle (of Chuckle Brothers fame) in Blackpool about 10 years ago, my friend's Dad shouted "no slacking!!" at him, which went right over my head.

Richard Ayoade (The IT Crowd) whilst walking through a tube station, stared intently at him for a few moments trying to work out who he was then it clicked when I was about 300 yards past him.

Bill Drummond (The KLF) came to my school to speak to the students doing Drama A-Levels, I didn't know about it so didn't really meet him, would like to have asked about Extreme Noise Terror collaboration.

Various members of semi-well-known Japanese pop groups (namely BiS) around the streets of Tokyo, this is a very loose use of the term celebrity i'll admit.

Chris Ramsey, I'm sure he's a lovely bloke but he was pissy with me so fuck the short arse.

Haven't seen anyone that famous but I see the guy who plays Super Hanz a lot. He dresses like Super Hanz in real life but was pushing a buggy quite a few of the times, which is quite disconcerting.

Seen Nick Cave a few times. Always when he's doing something super-domestic like school-runs or shopping. He is always dressed like he's about to go one stage - pointy suit, big fuck-off flamboyant shirt.

The best celebrity encounter I've had was in The Forest Cafe in Edinburgh about ten years ago. I was in a gender-neutral toilet cubicle when a girl outside started playing singing Radiohead's Creep with a ukulele. I was hammered so joined in. When I left the cubicle the girl turned out to be Amanda Palmer. We finished the song, gave each other a hug and then looked all uncomfortable. She went into a cubicle and I staggered away.

i saw Ser Alliser Thorne from Game of Thrones in the pub the other week although it took my brain 12 hours to process who it was.

Just remembered, saw Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen and his Mrs having a row when they lived in Greenwich

Loyd Grossman of Through The Keyhole/pasta sauce fame - his band played at Rebellion festival a couple of years ago, but still odd to see him walking around.

Japanese deathmatch wrestler 'Crazy Monkey' Jun Kasai at the final concert of the pop group BiS, he looks genuinely quite terrifying as his face and hands are all scarred from being hit over the head with light bulbs for years, Momorin the guitarist from Gauze was also there which I didn't really expect, hardly a celebrity encounter though...