Re: discogs seller punishment moaning thread

Not totally germane but had a message from eBay telling me that they had removed one of my listings.

"The clothing/items that you listed were described in a manner suggesting that they are being marketed towards an adult audience. While we allow the sale of most used clothing items on our site, those that are marketed in a sexually provocative way or toward any kind of fetish interest are not permitted. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.". A new with tags cap that had already been sold weeks before? WTF?

had a filthy logo on it tho right?

Yeah Batbour *shudders*

Kunal wrote:

Had some surreal reverse punishment where someone ordered a KUOLEMA 7", i send an invoice, and then they leave me good feedback before I even mail the record to them. And they didn't pay. Weird

A similar one, the other day I sold some records to someone in Bulgaria, posted the records and 1 day later they left me positive feedback before the records had even arrived...

Have to admit, I was almost put off selling after reading some of these horror stories, so far so good though.

I'm selling some huge PA speakers on eBay and listed them as collection only. They're sold as seen, for parts, so no-one has grounds to claim they're broken or not as described and cash would be the easiest way to pay. Discovered because of the eBay-PayPal link you're not allowed to specify "cash on collection only" or even discourage people from using PayPal. And because PayPal's seller protection only applies if you have proof of postage, anyone can pay by PayPal, collect the speakers and open an un-fightable claim for non receipt as soon as they get home

Now someone is messaging me asking outright "can I pay by other methods than cash on collection?". Gonna have to word this one carefully. To explain why cash is best involves telling them exactly how to rip me off.

bloke asked me to refund him the ££ he was taxed on a big load of stuff i exported to him. apparently its my fault for declaring a value on the customs slip (lots less than the actual value)

Something in the water on Discogs this week. Two people wanting to know where their CDs are, a day after payment despite it being marked as shipped. They're in the fucking post, mate.

I ordered and paid for a record on Discogs two weeks ago. After a week, with no prompting, the seller messages me to say that he has to leave for an emergency in Scotland and that this will slow up the delivery a bit. "No problem!" I say, thinking to myself that I really would've expected him to have already sent it. Today, I message him saying "Any chance of that record, mate?"

"I sent it to the wrong person, by mistake" he replies. "They contacted me yesterday and should be sending it back this week. "

FUCKSAKE