Re: tv shows

love the sound of all of those, nice one

i caught up with season 2 of gomorrah recently and it was again tremendous. really recommend it - it's as great and underwetched as like the shield, the americans, justified etc by people who would love it who also like the wire or sopranos and so on.

Added: 17-01-2017 11:58:13

jock_gestapo wrote:

There are a TONNE of really excellent (single or at least first season) shows on Netflix at the moment:

Cannabis (French/Spanish/North African show - two of the scariest bad guys I've seen in anything for ages - excellent overall story arc)
Occupied (brilliant, topical - Russians 'invade' Norway, caused political upset irl)
The Break (Midsummer Murders meets Twin Peaks and minor league football in Belgium)
Nobel (another Norwegian show, sort of Jason Bourne meets Homeland - liked it)

have you ever seen kabul's kitchen? it's on 4od or whatever that's called now and i really like it. french show about a chef setting up a restaurant in kabul and hilarity ensues etc.

Added: 17-01-2017 12:07:06

couple of other shows i watched and really liked that i reckon people here would like:

halt and catch fire on amazon. it's a little frustrating in parts in the first second but second onwards it's just this fucking fantastically well realised/acted drama set in the early era of silicon valley.

atlanta which has had loads of press because of golden globes recently and it's justified imo - it's a sort of comedy but one that's like totally comfortable in its own world that i really enjoyed just easing myself into. donald glover is some sort of genius isn't he? show sort of to me is in the same world of 'comedy' as transparent and bojack horseman in a sense but also isn't at all either because it kinda has nothing to do rich white jewish dysfunctional family or absurd surrealist cartoons.

s2 of the expanse is v good. and i am extra glad that the terrible cop from season 1 is now a decent character.

jerome wrote:

atlanta which has had loads of press because of golden globes recently and it's justified imo - it's a sort of comedy but one that's like totally comfortable in its own world that i really enjoyed just easing myself into. donald glover is some sort of genius isn't he? show sort of to me is in the same world of 'comedy' as transparent and bojack horseman in a sense but also isn't at all either because it kinda has nothing to do rich white jewish dysfunctional family or absurd surrealist cartoons.

yeah thought it was great, even with such short episodes
would like to see a s2
community was v hit and miss but would love to be able to do a high five like troy and abed with my bro and it not look like some lame try hard shit (ala dele ali and son)

peter kay's car share had me lolling out loud.  really good.

pitmanfan wrote:

peter kay's car share had me lolling out loud.  really good.

This is so so good. Very disappointed they won't be making a third series, but I understand the logic.

Stranger Things was/is superb.

Anyone started on the new Twin Peaks yet? It definitely seems to be continuing in the vein of the latter part of the original series. Not sure if I dig yet. I preferred the soap opera on steroids that occasionally went paranormal.

I also mean to start on American Gods soon....