Topic: bob tilton

right i own the two bob tilton LPs, cresent and the leading hotels..which are both great records, but i havn't got any of the following

- Wake Me When It's Springtime 7 inch EP (Subjugation)
- Songs Of Penknife And Pocketwatch 7 inch EP (Subjugation)
- Split 12 inch EP w/Reiziger (Genet)

..have any of you guys got them? i've only heard a couple tracks off the wake me when it's spring time 7 inch, and they sound alot more raw than the stuff on the two LPs the vocals deffinately do anyway. What's the other 7 inch and the split like? hard to get hold of i'm guessing..?

thanks smile

Re: bob tilton

yeah, the 2 7" are out of press, but you could probably get it for a fiver on ebay. i think the songs... 7" is my favourite thing by them. the split 12" is nothing special, i wouldn't worry about that.

cheers andy, well i know i can get hold of the split quite easily and cheaply, so i may do that...even though it may not be that great. just did a quick search on e-bay and had no luck, i'll post on fracture maybesomeone will have a copy of  either of the 7 inches that they'd be willing to let go of.

i have both those 7" on mp3 on cd. i can copy it for you if you like.

"It was good to know that no matter how different we were in the brain department, we could still have a laugh about my arse."

you can still get the split, i only got it fairly recently.....

damo

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

"the split 12" is nothing special"

i think it got two strong tracks on it..not anything like the 7"s but more in the vein of the latest album. And it's Bob Tilton..they can never fail

I've not really given the 12" much listening - but from what I remember it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  Is the shipping news read halfway through one of the songs?  Bloody awful cover

I'll drink enough of anything to make this world seem new again

hmm, i think that split 12" actually contains two songs which are also on one of the other releases?

anyway, it sucks , as does the 2nd lp.. the rest is really good, especially the 7"s

there was a split with fingerprint on ebay the other week

damo

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

that's not a split, it's a comp 7".