Re: Room 101

I'm usually not a hater but....

Whoa,

Penny Albini 8O

picket fence cartel stole my best china
Flickrfffun

It's just him! I love everybody else, and I'm often seen skipping through fields with

daisies in my hair, with a throng of woodland creatures gambolling at my feet.

Swear it!

8)

heresy is another word for freedom of thought

Jeremy Clarkson

this:

http://www.collective-zine.co.uk/module … amp;t=5529

wink

Jeremy Clarkson

I can see why people don't

like him, but I can't help finding him funny.  Guilty Pleasure.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk

Jeremy Clarkson

I

can see why people don't like him, but I can't help finding him funny.  Guilty Pleasure.

same here. Therefore, i have to put

MYSELF into Room 101! oh the irony

jeremy clarkson is a sexist wanker.

i would go for:

people who stand on the left on the escalators in tube stations. it

clearly says to stand on the right!

soda water. why the fuck would you want to drink fizzy water? it tastes like shit!

benidorm, shagaluf and

all those god forsaken resorts in spain

the hype surrounding tarantino movies. they're ok, but nothing to write home about in my opinion.

england fans abroad.

and controversially:
our national flag. makes me wince everytime i see it.

and controversially:
our national flag. makes me wince everytime

i see it.

i don't think you'll find that's a controversial view on this board smile

carbonated water is lovely! i prefer it to regular water. it's more... exciting i guess?

ha.

carbonated water is lovely! i prefer it to regular water. it's

more... exciting i guess? ha.

if you like that "it has tiny people swimming around in it" feeling i guess :?

carbonated water is lovely! i prefer it to regular water. it's

more... exciting i guess? ha.

haha, you must need more excitement in your life! Try skydiving! with jeremy clarkson!

carbonated water is lovely! i prefer it to

regular water. it's more... exciting i guess? ha.

if you like that "it has tiny people swimming around in it" feeling i guess

:?

Those are air bubbles Joe

[/quote] i don't think you'll find that's a controversial view on this board

smile[/quote]

hehe. very true, i just mean in general. i think this would push one friend of mine in particular to tears.

i just meant more exciting than still water! water is so bland and crap. i just don't like

drinking it.

water is boring thats why peach squash was invented

jeremy clarkson is a sexist wanker.

I miss

read that and now have a hideous image in my head 8O

picket fence cartel stole my best china
Flickrfffun

onions - just wrong, the sight and smell just makes me wretch

people who only seem to

listen to one kind of music -  what a horrible life

umbrellas - as mentioned earlier

people who take ages mailing things to you - you have my

money, that i worked for, now get off your arse and give me my stuff

consumerist bullshit in hc - "you have how many copies? what pressings/colours?"

do fuck off

sexism/racism/homophobia - speaks for itself

old dears who put thier arms on my waist/hips when they walk by rather than just

saying 'excuse me'

british rail/central trains - what a fucking crapshoot

singledom - fuck it, i'm lonely

that music hall of fame

thing on tv -  madonna more important than hendrix/zeppelin/prince/rolling stones etc, no, i dont think so, who invited missy elliott?

people who

write off entire genres of music after hearing like 2 songs of one band - fuck y'all

people who dont buy records - mp3's are lame and

suck

constant male bashing in tv adverts - just fuck right off you cunts

etc, etc, etc

damo

I'm not singing for the future
I'm not dreaming of the past
I'm not talking of the first time
I never think about the last

young conservatives.

major police drug busts that mean i have to smoke shitty resin

for longer than any human should ever have to - if i want to melt my brain cells, at least let me do it with the good shit!

unfriendly bus divers - i

wanna start the day off with some smiles and perhaps a bit of banter, not some miserable gormless cunt who can't open his mouth.

white people who

casually use the word 'nigga'. away tae fuck.

Look the other way.

1-sonia from east-enders- if she pulls that bo-selecta face one more time I may be forced to

track her down and stamp on it.

2-abba-everything about this group makes me feel sick to the core, the hair the teeth... and THAT fucking

music!

3-"arty" twats-you can stick your beads up your fecking arse. Mullets are not cool and using the word retro only makes you sound like a prick.

There is nothing what so ever original about going to top shop buying a dress and then wearing it over a pair of jeans.

4-having to have a label-im a

punk, im a Goth, im a skinhead, im emo... are you that fucking insecure that you need to feel part of a group?

5-online photos-keep your cleavage to

your self I am not interested! Keep that prepubescent boney frame inside its clothes it’s not a 6 pack! Look at the camera and if you can smile!

major police drug busts that mean i have to smoke shitty

resin for longer than any human should ever have to - if i want to melt my brain cells, at least let me do it with the good

shit!

I'm hearing that one! But I cannae sink to Resin, that'd be to far.

HATE:
Ug Boots/Slouch Boots, whatever

you call them. Why the fuck has 90% of the female population of the UK taken to wearing these shapeless wonders on their feet? Horrible, horrible things. I

even saw a converse high-top ug boot the other day....

People who aren't into music but have I-Pods. You know, the people who previously only ever

bought the recomendation of the month from the Britanic Music Club, now have the distinctive white "mug me" earphones creeping out of their jacket. What do

they put on it? About a hundred versions of Eric Pryde most likely....

Charity Clipboard Collectors. You get paid for collecting for Charity? You

shameless fuck.

Band Aid 2004. WANK.

Liberal Democrats. Ok, the Labour government has done plenty to hate and Tories are hateable at a genetic

level. But in Theory, the Lib Dems haven't been within a sniff of government (in England at least) for years. What the hell is there to hate about them

surely? No Baggage... But you'd be wrong. They're just to fucking smug. Smug useless inefectual bastards with no beliefs in anything. Cunts.

That tosser from the band FAR - the most patronising, insincere, fake twat I've ever had the

misfortune to encounter. 

Traffic jams.

Celebrities who are famous for being famous - get a fucking job!

I'll drink enough of anything to make this world seem new again

untidy housemates - i dont ask for fucking perfection but id like to be able to cook without

the risk of getting a disease/looking at a slab of congealed meat whilst i do it.

Racism -  i just told my flat mates about the football match last

night and the monkey noises and i could see the guy holding back the laugh because he knew i'd of said something. This adds to the numerous things they have

done like mocking the way chinese people speak whilst wanting to order food from them, then the more blatant things like "fucking pakis". Im aware this

happens everywhere but this is what i have seen in my own house!

cigarettes - i dont mind if people want to smoke i just dont like smelling like shit

and having black bogies for ages after a show/night out.

the catholic church - The Vatican is the most extravagant place i have ever been....what a

waste of money. they could of used this gratuitous amounts of money in a much better way.

the stereotypical student ideology - yes, there is nothing

wrong with having fun but not doing any work is annoying because 1) someone else probably wanted the place on the course a lot more than you and 2) at least

try to learn something whilst spending mummy and daddys hard earned money.

bad money management and moaning about it - I find it so exasperating to

find people i know moan about having no money when they went out and spent it all. Its really bloody immature and annoying to go and spend all your money on

something and then not have enough for things that need to be paid i.e. rent! This lets everyone else down and is just plain selfish.

The campaigns

for "real art" - this according to the daily mail equates to bland watercolours amongst other things. what is good is obviously subjective but this ideology

of rejecting any sort of progression annoys me.

preachers - i have met lots of people with strong beliefs and that is fine. I just dont like being

preached too. I also dislike when the person talks about one thing all the time, especially if you aren't as passionate about it as them, it becomes very

old very fast.

selfishness - this links back to a lot of my previous points but i despise people that only concern themselves with what they want and

the whole "fuck everyone else mentality", your life is made up of relationships, it is time you gave a shit about others!

people that say political

punk is "preaching to the converted" - There is plenty of things that can still be said to one another in our community and id hope bands wanted to initiate

this open forum of discussion.

In the words of Robyn M (haC column august 1999)-The "shut up and play"  attitude disallows band members to connect

with the crowd on some basis other than the impersonal exchanges between rock band and rock fan. It terminates all onstage discussion of politics, therefore

relegating political, culture, and subcultural conversations to a secondary position in the scene."Shut up and Play" forces bands to be about "playing music

and having fun" even if these arent the only two priorities."shut up and play" not only hinders the possibilities of political discourse, but it can also

interfere with the experimental elements of music making and public performance. "Shut up and play" limits the creativity and possibility of a scene that

claims to rest itself on breaking boundaries, challenging conventions and fostering community."

I think i will leave it at that....

records that have scratches on after you buy them first hand. self

explanatory.

materialism. i know we all like buying things to make ourselves happy. but what is so life changing and exciting about buying a pair of

shoes that cost you £100? the people that often do this also like to tell me that they don't care about politics because it doesn't affect them. stop

leaching of mummy and daddys cash you spoilt little brats. learn there is a world outside of the one-upmanship of trying to be more popular/attractive/cool

than the people around you. this is why i hate 95% of college students.

the local music scene mentality that going to a gig is just and only about

getting absolutely blind drunk and "having a laugh", maybe smoking a joint then driving home twatted out of your face. ok so i do like getting drunk at gigs

but every now and then i like to watch some bands too. also watching local bands change their sound with trends, the nu-metal bands are now metalcore, the

pop punk bands are now emo etc.

i'd also like to throw youth apathy and my own apathy in to room 101. i was talking to my psychology teacher about

the youth of today and she was saying that she thinks that the majority of students today are a lot less aware then her generation and i'm inclined to

agree. i seriously want to do something to get the youth of today motivated to make a difference. the mentality of "fuck it there is nothing we can do" is

making me sick to my stomach.

"Before I give my own review of this book I just want to say that I am a huge harry potter fan, to the extent that I actually have a deathly hallows tattoo on my bottom. I'm also quite ill right now, but I fought against my horrid cold to read this book. "

Loads of good stuff

You are a King.

DIY minded recording in Leeds: www.suburbanhome.co.uk