126

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/AndyDeath_2009/hopegig1.jpg

Death Records delivers a new night of alternative rock music promising to pierce your ear drums and destroy your soul...

Kept By Casino: Angry, very angry Brighton rock. Kicking aside bullshit to deliver a muscular live show inspired by the likes of These Arms Are Snakes and Future of the Left.

http://keptbycasino.bandcamp.com/
...
Easy Hips: Ear bleeding spazzcore, kinda like of Some Girls on steriods producing an intense unhinged live show not to be missed! Mental.

http://www.myspace.com/easyhips

Ono Palindromes: Take the dirty grunge stylings of Jesus Lizard, add the raw energy of the Bronx and mix in the rock edge of QOTSA. There's your cake... eat it.

http://www.myspace.com/onopalindromes

Three Summer Strong: Combining earnest raw vocals with a punk rock edge. TSS are reminiscent of the early day efforts from the likes of Gaslight Anthem and Against Me! In other words... when those bands were good. Hot damn.

http://www.myspace.com/threesummersstronguk

Wrecktheplacefantastic: Taking their name from the Dillinger 4 song, these guys take the visceral fury of McClusky and fuse it with the punchy punk rock of Hot Water Music. 4 real.

http://www.myspace.com/wrecktheplaceuk


DOORS 7.30PM AND A BARGAIN £4 ENTRY!!!

"Same Old Shit..."

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

regress no way wrote:
ewan wrote:

Tuesday 7th September @ Hanover Community Centre - Sceptres/Love Triangle/Lowest Form/State Icons

time?

This is at The Greenhouse Effect, not Hanover Community Centre. It starts at 8pm.

128

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

i'll spread the word.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

Thanks. Poster/flyer scanned in the morning. Posters/flyers go out tomorrow. Wanted it to be at Hanover Community Centre or The Westhill Hall, hence the fact the posters aren't up yet, but had to go with Greenhouse Effect. Should be great!

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

Just out of interest, what happened with the Hanover centre? Were they just booked up?

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

yeah, they were booked up, looked like it could've been moved around to accommodate the show but unfortunately not in the end.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

TONIGHT -

Sex Is Disgusting presents ... #21

Shearing Pinx (www.myspace.com/shearingpinx)
Golden Grrrls (www.myspace.com/goldengrrrls)
Bitches (www.myspace.com/peaceandbitches)
King Alfred, Man Of Leisure (www.myspace.com/kingalfredthegreatmanofleisure)

Friday 3rd September 2010, 8pm, £4, The Cowley Club, 12 London Road, Brighton.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

will rule.

(A) : (L) : (D)

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs622.snc4/58225_466978981662_791436662_6575409_8317645_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs215.ash2/47780_466978956662_791436662_6575408_3543101_n.jpg

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

Sex Is Disgusting #23 -

The Real Numbers (Minneapolis, Three Dimensional/Bachelor Records)
The Sticks (Brighton, Upset The Rhythm Records)
Sealings (Oxford, Clan Destine Records)

8pm, £5, 23/09/10, The Hope, 83 Queens Road, Brighton.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

TOMORROW!

Real Numbers flyer

137

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

teignmouth electron + more / friday @ the cowley club

Major Wants : To The Point "mentally checked out' 7"
the Death Dust Extractor 12" & Crisis 7"s at punk prices...
and I do a weird record label http://tadpolerecords.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs647.snc4/60758_475245506662_791436662_6754097_2236766_n.jpg

Friday October 1st 2010

Grass Widow (San Francisco, Kill Rock Stars/Captured Tracks/Make A Mess)
Trash Kit (London, Upset The Rhythm/Milk)
La La Vasquez (London, M'Lady/Sex Is Disgusting/Captured Tracks)

8pm, £5, Members & Guests welcome, come one, come all, bring distro's/zines/whatever to sell. COME DOWN EARLY!

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

and Friday sounds cool, shall endeavour to pop down, didn't have anything on that evening!

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

andyisdisgusting wrote:

and Friday sounds cool, shall endeavour to pop down, didn't have anything on that evening!

That whole line up should be something like

MUSCLETUSK
SCRIM
BOLIDE
TEIGNMOUTH ELECTRON (who I guess is stepping in fer bad orb)

if I'm guessin' correct. See y'all there.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

Sunday 17th October 2010
Upstairs at the newly reburbished Hobgoblin, Brighton

2pm to 8.30pm (rough end time)

...£5 entry

A really awesome varied bill....

Featuring.....

(apologies for the descriptions, combo of me and someone else being shit)

THE ARTERIES

A-mazing punkrock from Swansea, new album out just before and touring in support of 'Dead Sea'. For fans of Hot Snakes, Descendents, ACDC, The bronx, 90s punkrock.

RAPSOD
Czech 80s thrash hardcore punk on tour to the UK for the first time, Like Black Flag meets Iron Maiden.

HUMAN STEAK
Czech tourmates of Rapsod. Garage punk thrills for fans of Fugazi, Refused and filthy fucking bass lines

CAUTION HORSES
Dancepunk champs from Brighton and the surrounding areas, Like Devo/Talking Heads having a knifefight, whilst laughing about it casually.

FASHODA CRISIS
This is the sound of angry young men from Essex. Like Mclusky punching Daily Mail readers in the face.

KEPT BY CASINO
Rough edged, angular sounds bring Fugazi, At the Drive in to mind from Brighton. Incredible and flawed in all the right places.

WWII VS DINOSAURS
Scratchy, noisy wail-o-rama from Brighton. Promoter chap said 'Waaves/Rapture' I think Blood Brothers ish myself. Odd and Interesting in all the right ways.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

Excellent - some really cool stuff I'm going to endeavour to attend, depending on exactly what kind of sh*tstorm my course is next week. Only been here two weeks but am having a blast so far.

Re: The Cowley Club - the whole 'becoming a member' thing - is it likely a couple of folks who happen to be in the place with vouch for you or do I actually need to find two people who know me to some extent? Cheers.

"Give me a prejudice, and I will move the world"

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

andyisdisgusting wrote:

TOMORROW!

Real Numbers flyer

THIS IS TONIGHT!

thencomesdudley, becoming a member is cheap and easy but you can still attend the shows if you aren't. I recommend becoming a member, just pop in, fill in a form, think its £1.50 for a life-time membership! For whatever reason if you can't do it before the show then just come down anyway and sign your name as a guest under an existing member. No-one is ever turned away from anything.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

thencomesdudley wrote:

Excellent - some really cool stuff I'm going to endeavour to attend, depending on exactly what kind of sh*tstorm my course is next week. Only been here two weeks but am having a blast so far.

Re: The Cowley Club - the whole 'becoming a member' thing - is it likely a couple of folks who happen to be in the place with vouch for you or do I actually need to find two people who know me to some extent? Cheers.

Just grab a couple of people who are nearby to vouch for you, I got a guy who tried to chat me up with a line about astrology to second me. He was a douchebag. Anyway I'll probs be behind the bar for Muscletusk and maybe for Trash Kit etc so I'll happily be one of your sponsors. My name's Ellie.

145

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

DUNCAN wrote:
andyisdisgusting wrote:

and Friday sounds cool, shall endeavour to pop down, didn't have anything on that evening!

That whole line up should be something like

MUSCLETUSK
SCRIM
BOLIDE
TEIGNMOUTH ELECTRON (who I guess is stepping in fer bad orb)

if I'm guessin' correct. See y'all there.

tonight.....

Major Wants : To The Point "mentally checked out' 7"
the Death Dust Extractor 12" & Crisis 7"s at punk prices...
and I do a weird record label http://tadpolerecords.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

regress no way wrote:
thencomesdudley wrote:

Excellent - some really cool stuff I'm going to endeavour to attend, depending on exactly what kind of sh*tstorm my course is next week. Only been here two weeks but am having a blast so far.

Re: The Cowley Club - the whole 'becoming a member' thing - is it likely a couple of folks who happen to be in the place with vouch for you or do I actually need to find two people who know me to some extent? Cheers.

Just grab a couple of people who are nearby to vouch for you, I got a guy who tried to chat me up with a line about astrology to second me. He was a douchebag. Anyway I'll probs be behind the bar for Muscletusk and maybe for Trash Kit etc so I'll happily be one of your sponsors. My name's Ellie.

Thanks very much! From memory you also said you work at Falmer campus library right? My course starts Monday and I'm based there.

"Give me a prejudice, and I will move the world"

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

oh yes thats me. hi. just pick the scruffiest staff member you see and say hi

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

andyisdisgusting wrote:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs647.snc4/60758_475245506662_791436662_6754097_2236766_n.jpg

Friday October 1st 2010

Grass Widow (San Francisco, Kill Rock Stars/Captured Tracks/Make A Mess)
Trash Kit (London, Upset The Rhythm/Milk)
La La Vasquez (London, M'Lady/Sex Is Disgusting/Captured Tracks)

8pm, £5, Members & Guests welcome, come one, come all, bring distro's/zines/whatever to sell. COME DOWN EARLY!

The poster says £5 ... £8. It was meant to say £5 ... 8pm. I am an idiot. If you see any unchanged ones on in stores/whatever then please change it or let me know! Think I got most of them. This show is on Friday and I am so excited!

149

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

Wednesday 13th October @ the cowley club - Afternoon Gentlemen & State Icons plus more tbc.

Re: BRIGHTON GIGS

SUNDAY 10 OCTOBER @ COWLEY CLUB
RUIDOSA INMUNDICIA (aus)
AGNOSY
SAUNA YOUTH

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs328.ash2/60869_141049129272614_100001025839711_231687_8195277_n.jpg

...basically don't be an idiot and miss this gig. Why not? Check this clip of RUIDOSA INMUNDICIA playing as the surprise act at SEEIN'RED's 20th year anniversary: http://vimeo.com/7651066

(A) : (L) : (D)