Re: drive like jehu

My best (pre-punk) mate at school was a big RUSH fan - could never get passed the horrible vocals!  I know you've told me before exactly where Bruce nicked RUSH riffs for SUBHUMANS songs Paul!

DRIVE LIKE JEHU were amazing the two times I saw them (Newport TJs & London) in 1994, although I too am more likely to listen to the PITCHFORK album than the 2 DLJ LPs these days.

i think I read an interview with John Reis once where he said the main inspiration for starting DLJ was HONOR ROLE which makes sense.

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: drive like jehu

I can definitely hear a little Honor Role in Jehu. They were pretty great when I saw them. I haven't listened to that Pitchfork album for a long time.

I also love Rush.

I like music.

Re: drive like jehu

so saw hot snakes this weekend. tightest band i have ever seen, and super fun!

but when they played a jehu song.. man, did the vibe change. everything looked much more serious and intense all of a sudden, so much energy packed up.. and by 40 year old+ men.. incredible!

Re: drive like jehu

constant wrote:

so saw hot snakes this weekend. tightest band i have ever seen, and super fun!

but when they played a jehu song.. man, did the vibe change. everything looked much more serious and intense all of a sudden, so much energy packed up.. and by 40 year old+ men.. incredible!

+ the Big Boys cover
how can a band manage to be so damn cool

Re: drive like jehu

I was pretty unfortunate in that the time I saw Hot Snakes it was at the Garage - which is up there with the Forum as worst venue in London. Shoulda gone seen them this time!

Sky:Lark (Noisy Post-Hardcore) - http://skylark.bandcamp.com
Man Hands (Fastcore) - http://horsepartyrules.bandcamp.com

Re: drive like jehu

shabeen scene wrote:
constant wrote:

so saw hot snakes this weekend. tightest band i have ever seen, and super fun!

but when they played a jehu song.. man, did the vibe change. everything looked much more serious and intense all of a sudden, so much energy packed up.. and by 40 year old+ men.. incredible!

+ the Big Boys cover
how can a band manage to be so damn cool

unfortunately i am not familiar with the Big Boys : (

jehu, on the other hand, is close to being my fav band ever

Re: drive like jehu

which big boys / jehu songs did they do? i was meant to go, but couldn't. i have still not managed to see hot snakes.

I like music.

Re: drive like jehu

hand over fist over here at least

Re: drive like jehu

big boys Red/Green
with Mario on second gtr and Rick Fork just on the mic

Re: drive like jehu

They did Bullet Train To Vegas and Red/Green. Red/Green was amazing.
I guess they do BTTV because it's the most Hot Snakesy of the Jehu tunes. I.e. it's the best one.

Re: drive like jehu

crap, i got it wrong, i had to check grooveshark for which of the two it was and they are both the same song there.

Re: drive like jehu

Ta guys.

I like music.

Re: drive like jehu

a mate bunged the Drive Like Jehu demo up on his blog. worth a  listen - http://killingtechnology.wordpress.com/ … 1990-demo/

Re: drive like jehu

I'm sure i read an interview with John Reis in Hit List many years ago which mentioned that they was a shelved 3rd Jehu album which existed in demo form and that he wasn't sure if it would ever see the light of day. I could be wrong about this of course..........................

Re: drive like jehu

ray the postman wrote:

I'm sure i read an interview with John Reis in Hit List many years ago which mentioned that they was a shelved 3rd Jehu album which existed in demo form and that he wasn't sure if it would ever see the light of day. I could be wrong about this of course..........................

god, i'd love it if that existed.

Re: drive like jehu

Reformed - http://www.drive-like-jehu.com/

Re: drive like jehu

I was checking my phone at work when I saw that on Facebook, someone asked if I was okay when I was looking at it - I must have had "Al receives some big news" face on.

Re: drive like jehu

Allez Alle wrote:

I was checking my phone at work when I saw that on Facebook, someone asked if I was okay when I was looking at it - I must have had "Al receives some big news" face on.

Yeah, I nearly had a seizure when I read about it last night.

GOLDEN CABINET gig collective
GO FUCK YOURSELF zine
DIRTY APPARATUS record label

Re: drive like jehu

Woah, awesome.

Re: drive like jehu

What?! That is crazy - still one of the coolest bands in my books! Them and Sweep The Leg Johnny.

Re: drive like jehu

still totally ageless as a band musically. dying to see them tour with it, i fucking kicked myself for missing hot snakes' "last show" encore with two DLJ songs at the underworld years ago.

Re: drive like jehu

Darnit, it's just one show.

http://pitchfork.com/news/56432-john-re … -one-show/

GOLDEN CABINET gig collective
GO FUCK YOURSELF zine
DIRTY APPARATUS record label

Re: drive like jehu

fucksake sad

Added: 26-08-2014 12:23:28

fucksake sad

Re: drive like jehu

sad

Re: drive like jehu

at least it's not at fest.