Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

A punk band stranded in Berlin for two weeks is NOT going to die, people should chill out. It's not like they're alone in some dodgy Eastern European country without the Internet, people who don't speak English or anything else.

More power to me.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

It sounds like they'd be better off in a country without the internet - they would be sitting in a van, instead of telling cyberworld how stand up they are.

78 (edited by Lunar Weight 03-06-2010 10:40:18)

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Rosie. wrote:
bry wrote:

i'm far away right now and not able to help get this sorted as much as i'd like, but regardless of this situation and the actions of people involved (none of whom i personally know) a few of you would do well to show some empathy, put the boot on the other foot and imagine the hoo ha youd be making if this was your band. if you don't care then you don't care but these snarky attitudes are not cool, you're really embarrasing.

I'm actually with Bry on this. Apart from what Flo has said (and I've had nothing but good dealings in the past with you, Flo) none of us actually know what has happened. Rusty may be hugely unreliable when it comes to record/tshirt trading and selling (as well as having a questionable internet presence) but I think it's pretty unfair for a bunch of strangers to be like LOL HAVE FUN BEING STUCK.

This shit is when the internet makes everyone look like cunts, even innocent parties (of which there may be none)

Petty bitching and moaning makes you no better than the person you're protesting against. People have put in effort to book shows and now that's all gonna fall apart, ignoring the fact TA are stuck abroad and whether you hate them as people or musically that's kind of a shitty situation to be in.

Little boys a long way from home, boo fucking hoo.   You pair are too nice/sappy/soft for your own good.

If the boot was on the other foot i'm sure many of the people commenting would (wo)man up and:

- pony up the dough and get another van/driver to salvage what dates they can.
- or hire a van for themselves and drive.
- or pool what money they have, find a a cheap hostel/friends place and have fun for a couple of weeks.
- phone home and beg to get the money for their flights to be changed.

The people involved here are not broke, it's priviledged/rich kids on euro holiday with no concept of sucking it up.   So, rather than fix the situation they just whine on the internet about how their track record of being well behaved on tour is good.  (Which is fucking hilarious given that they trade off the fact that at least one of them a notorious cunt, be it for "laughs" or otherwise.)

No empathy, no sympathy, this message is brought to you by palatkashirt.gif

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

some geezer on vl-wee-wee offered them money to get them home. no more whining.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

was it the driver?

you still bore me...

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Magma_Times wrote:

the internet gossip about this band is so much more exciting and interesting than their records. keep being naughty please guys as it gives me something to read at work!

true. although i don't know if i've actually heard them or not.

82 (edited by Campbell 03-06-2010 12:28:28)

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

I was looking forward to playing with Total Abuse.  Some of the attitudes on this thread are as bad as anything the band have been accused off.  You should all of taken these lyrics to heart 'a life so short, incomplete, so many people I'd like to meet, feeling awkward, afraid potential friends I could of M A A A DDDEEEEEE'

Despite internet prattling maybe you would of been the BEST of friends?

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Lunar Weight wrote:
Rosie. wrote:
bry wrote:

i'm far away right now and not able to help get this sorted as much as i'd like, but regardless of this situation and the actions of people involved (none of whom i personally know) a few of you would do well to show some empathy, put the boot on the other foot and imagine the hoo ha youd be making if this was your band. if you don't care then you don't care but these snarky attitudes are not cool, you're really embarrasing.

I'm actually with Bry on this. Apart from what Flo has said (and I've had nothing but good dealings in the past with you, Flo) none of us actually know what has happened. Rusty may be hugely unreliable when it comes to record/tshirt trading and selling (as well as having a questionable internet presence) but I think it's pretty unfair for a bunch of strangers to be like LOL HAVE FUN BEING STUCK.

This shit is when the internet makes everyone look like cunts, even innocent parties (of which there may be none)

Petty bitching and moaning makes you no better than the person you're protesting against. People have put in effort to book shows and now that's all gonna fall apart, ignoring the fact TA are stuck abroad and whether you hate them as people or musically that's kind of a shitty situation to be in.

Little boys a long way from home, boo fucking hoo.   You pair are too nice/sappy/soft for your own good.

If the boot was on the other foot i'm sure many of the people commenting would (wo)man up and:

- pony up the dough and get another van/driver to salvage what dates they can.
- or hire a van for themselves and drive.
- or pool what money they have, find a a cheap hostel/friends place and have fun for a couple of weeks.
- phone home and beg to get the money for their flights to be changed.

The people involved here are not broke, it's priviledged/rich kids on euro holiday with no concept of sucking it up.   So, rather than fix the situation they just whine on the internet about how their track record of being well behaved on tour is good.  (Which is fucking hilarious given that they trade off the fact that at least one of them a notorious cunt, be it for "laughs" or otherwise.)

No empathy, no sympathy, this message is brought to you by palatkashirt.gif


You know neither of us are 'soft' when it comes to defending controversial people/bands. I'd usually be the first to be a cunt in a situation like this. I'm just trying to see stuff from the remaining promotors point of view both here and abroad, and you know, people like Ellis who took time and energy to sort out the UK leg of this tour. It's not just TA who are losing out.

"My name is a killing word."

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

TA should have thought of that before they were a bunch of wee fannies.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Lunar Weight wrote:

b

Little boys a long way from home, boo fucking hoo.   You pair are too nice/sappy/soft for your own good.

How can somebody be to nice?

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

for real?

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Campbell wrote:
Lunar Weight wrote:

b

Little boys a long way from home, boo fucking hoo.   You pair are too nice/sappy/soft for your own good.

How can somebody be to nice?

http://www.sww.w.szu.pl/postacie/post_alianci/chamberlain3.jpg

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Campbell wrote:
Lunar Weight wrote:

b

Little boys a long way from home, boo fucking hoo.   You pair are too nice/sappy/soft for your own good.

How can somebody be to nice?

Because it's a cold world out there, sometimes I like i'm getting a little frosty myself.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Lunar Weight wrote:
Campbell wrote:
Lunar Weight wrote:

b

Little boys a long way from home, boo fucking hoo.   You pair are too nice/sappy/soft for your own good.

How can somebody be to nice?

Because it's a cold world out there, sometimes I like i'm getting a little frosty myself.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I reject you Hobbesian bullshit and counter with Cappo:
I have faith in people they have faith in me
I have faith in my society
If you've got a problem put your trust in me
I'll never pretend that I can't see
I have faith in the human race
The world's got problems
The world's got fears
But my trust in people
Makes me not scared

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Campbell wrote:

I have faith in people they have faith in me
I have faith in my society

http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/pictures/nedGal36.jpg

The boys say thanks for the faith. Now prepare for a stabbing.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

People had faith in Rustay, he didn't deliver.

Never suffered, never paid the dues living contradiction,
live a lie oh so fashionable what a goddamn pitiful sight it must
be a great thing knowing it all spreading nausea with a brazen show of gall

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

What's that orange drink he's holding, Irn Bru with Vodka?

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

I find faith in Cappo's words: "You say explosions started creation and we're just chemical combinations, but would you take the same stand if there was a gun in my hand? Or would you beg for salvation? In defense of reality. Actually these conclusions prove thier insanity! A creation without a creator... can it be? Just like a painting without a painter... absurity! No, I don't wanna run away. I want to embrace reality."

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

RobxT wrote:

What's that orange drink he's holding, Irn Bru with Vodka?

Are you kidding?

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

don't worry campbell....

I hear some Leeds folks are forming a Total Abuse covers band for your gig with them....

thing is, I'm driving them to the Fentron and plan to throw a wobbly and not take em...

art immitating real life...?

you still bore me...

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

for anyone who cares, the show at the Victoria in London this saturday was cancelled.
sux cuz we (wake up dead) were going to open and its my birthday.
there was a last minute chance that they were going to be able to make it to the UK, but that fell through.

www.myspace.com/wakeupdead00

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Rosie. wrote:

This shit is when the internet makes everyone look like cunts, even innocent parties (of which there may be none)

If the said cunts didn't spend so much time trying to portray themselves as misogynistic, controversial dicks on message boards then maybe people would be more into helping them out?

I don't get the whole 'it's just the internet' defense still, where do you draw the line?

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

shabeen scene wrote:

for anyone who cares, the show at the Victoria in London this saturday was cancelled.
sux cuz we (wake up dead) were going to open and its my birthday.
there was a last minute chance that they were going to be able to make it to the UK, but that fell through.

www.myspace.com/wakeupdead00

Which guy from Atari was in your band? That comp you were on with the song Times Together was the soundtrack to a summer of mine a decade ago!

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

hey dude,
i played guitar in atari - andrew "kaboom" low.
times together was the song that kept us going. we had pretty much broken up until that song came out and people started to ask us to play shows and shit, but we eventually fucked that up and cancelled loads of shows an pissed everyone off. that and chris from the label started telling people that we had broken up for some stupid reason.

anyway, there is a german label that is supposed to release our compilation cd on vinyl. still trying to get it sorted. we talked about a euro tour, but that doesn't look likely, but who knows???

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

shabeen scene wrote:

we talked about a euro tour, but that doesn't look likely, but who knows???

then or now?

even if it was now i'd be moshing at that.