Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

eyeheartdoom wrote:
Rosie. wrote:

This shit is when the internet makes everyone look like cunts, even innocent parties (of which there may be none)

If the said cunts didn't spend so much time trying to portray themselves as misogynistic, controversial dicks on message boards then maybe people would be more into helping them out?

I don't get the whole 'it's just the internet' defense still, where do you draw the line?

I don't agree with how Rusty (or Ryan) have decided to portray themselves online. I'm not defending whatever Rusty has done in the past. All I am saying is that this shitstorm affects more than just Total Abuse, who have made their bed and can lay in it, whereas people (including good friends of all of ours) are having to cancel shows and probably experiencing a bunch of stress/bad times because of this. My sympathy is for them, not the band, and I think people need to look at the bigger picture here.

"My name is a killing word."

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

shabeen scene wrote:

hey dude,
i played guitar in atari - andrew "kaboom" low.
times together was the song that kept us going. we had pretty much broken up until that song came out and people started to ask us to play shows and shit, but we eventually fucked that up and cancelled loads of shows an pissed everyone off. that and chris from the label started telling people that we had broken up for some stupid reason.

anyway, there is a german label that is supposed to release our compilation cd on vinyl. still trying to get it sorted. we talked about a euro tour, but that doesn't look likely, but who knows???

Cool.  A youth crew band from Peterborough like 45 minutes north of London (who now all live in London) used to cover that song circa 2000 bet thats weird for you guys huh?
Regarding Total Abuse real shame they can't make it offer, I hope they get to play some gigs somewhere for the rest of the time there in europe. People should stop being so puritanical about there behaviour some of the nicest people I have ever met act like complete morons on the internet.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

After the record comes out. i live in London now and Brett (singer) and Jon (drummer) are still down for it. we just need to get the record out and then try and get it booked. it would be sick bcuz we never got to play as many shows that we would have liked to.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

that is fucking great. i would love to hear the cover version.

yeah, i hadn't heard anything about TA until the show and subsequent internet onslaught against them, so i don't know. shit always gets crazy on tour though. usually a few beers and maybe some broken noses sorts it out and everyone is friends in the morning, but this one seems a bit more lethal.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Rosie. wrote:

I don't agree with how Rusty (or Ryan) have decided to portray themselves online. I'm not defending whatever Rusty has done in the past. All I am saying is that this shitstorm affects more than just Total Abuse, who have made their bed and can lay in it, whereas people (including good friends of all of ours) are having to cancel shows and probably experiencing a bunch of stress/bad times because of this. My sympathy is for them, not the band, and I think people need to look at the bigger picture here.


This is why I really think we need to read Flo's detailed statement. There's a whole load of crap that's going to come out of this, so there's got to be a good reason in there.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

MattWPBS wrote:

This is why I really think we need to read Flo's detailed statement. There's a whole load of crap that's going to come out of this, so there's got to be a good reason in there.

OMG WE SO DO!1211111

We really don't need to read anything.   Everyone is sticking their oar in as is the year 2010 and we are all bored with our jobs/classes/existences and this is an amusing diversion.

107

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

If people hate this band because some of the members are obnoxious on the internet, does that mean they'd hate Lunar Weight's band too?

108

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

serious question: is lunar weight steve carling?

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

does that question really need answering?

110

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

are you joking? sorry i have know idea of how irony works on the internet

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

No but they might not support him in his next squash tournament.

"My name is a killing word."

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Q: Are We Not Men?
A: We are Steve Carlin.

"My name is a killing word."

113

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

so it is steve? yes or no

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Lunar Weight wrote:
MattWPBS wrote:

This is why I really think we need to read Flo's detailed statement. There's a whole load of crap that's going to come out of this, so there's got to be a good reason in there.

OMG WE SO DO!1211111

We really don't need to read anything.   Everyone is sticking their oar in as is the year 2010 and we are all bored with our jobs/classes/existences and this is an amusing diversion.

Yeah. Sticking our oars in with half complete data, because Flo said his original post didn't cover it.

It's an amusing diversion, so long as you don't think about people getting dumped in the middle of a foreign country, the fact that people most of us know have put effort in organising gigs and stuff, that the driver had planned for being on the road for the next couple of weeks or so, etc, etc. Providing you don't think about that, yeah, it's hilarious.

At the moment nobody outside Flo, the driver and the band know what happened. The band's put their side across, and Flo's said there's more than he originally said. There's a whole load of shit out of this, so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for people to want to know why it's got to this situation.

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

ralph wrote:

serious question: is lunar weight steve carling?

Don't feel bad (I know you don't), I hadn't noticed either. Though I am glad to know he is back.

"There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore,
There is society where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar;
I love not Man the less, but Nature more."

116

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

i thought he was dead

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

He Cannot Be Killed.

"My name is a killing word."

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

MattWPBS wrote:
Lunar Weight wrote:
MattWPBS wrote:

This is why I really think we need to read Flo's detailed statement. There's a whole load of crap that's going to come out of this, so there's got to be a good reason in there.

OMG WE SO DO!1211111

We really don't need to read anything.   Everyone is sticking their oar in as is the year 2010 and we are all bored with our jobs/classes/existences and this is an amusing diversion.

Yeah. Sticking our oars in with half complete data, because Flo said his original post didn't cover it.

It's an amusing diversion, so long as you don't think about people getting dumped in the middle of a foreign country, the fact that people most of us know have put effort in organising gigs and stuff, that the driver had planned for being on the road for the next couple of weeks or so, etc, etc. Providing you don't think about that, yeah, it's hilarious.

At the moment nobody outside Flo, the driver and the band know what happened. The band's put their side across, and Flo's said there's more than he originally said. There's a whole load of shit out of this, so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for people to want to know why it's got to this situation.

How much shit is there really though? I mean really? I've put gigs on, and I wouldn't exactly be devastated if a band bailed on a show. Just tell the support bands it's off.  Worst case scenario for the promoter is he/she may lose a deposit on the venue, but how many people on here would actually use a place where deposits are required?
And how big a deal is it really that a few yanks might be stuck in Berlin for two weeks? I've been there. It's ace. Unless they're completely inept at life (remains to be seen) they'll find some floors to sleep on and enjoy some culture.

Let's face it, it's not like FIFA have fallen out with South Africa and cancelled the world cup.
The world will carry on and everything will be fine.

"There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore,
There is society where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar;
I love not Man the less, but Nature more."

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

RobxT wrote:

What's that orange drink he's holding, Irn Bru with Vodka?

Mad Dog 20/20. Orange Jubilee flavour. More a Kiwi and Lemon guy ma'self.

120

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

xleox wrote:
Russ wrote:

I know next to nothing about this band - but a lot of this thread comes across as bitchy bullshit.

which you are the king of....

in fact your post (and this?) is bitchy bullshit....

its ALL BULLSHIT!!!

You been chatting to your dickhead mate Foxy again?

They've stolen our world now they run the place

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Yeah, cancelling shows (with notice) is no hassle. On the day is different. Plenty time to get (better?) bands sorted to play instead.

122

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

let the letter-writing commence...shame they can't make it over, good band. I bet they are actually sound lads too. I am certainly friends with bigger cunts than they sound like anyway.

123

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Campbell wrote:

People should stop being so puritanical about there behaviour some of the nicest people I have ever met act like complete morons on the internet.

aww, shucks Tom. you really are a sweetie.

you still bore me...

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

The gossip/moaning ratio of this thread has gone down the tubes... Rubbish!

Re: Rest of the Total Abuse tour got cancelled

Hail_Of_Bullets wrote:
MattWPBS wrote:
Lunar Weight wrote:

OMG WE SO DO!1211111

We really don't need to read anything.   Everyone is sticking their oar in as is the year 2010 and we are all bored with our jobs/classes/existences and this is an amusing diversion.

Yeah. Sticking our oars in with half complete data, because Flo said his original post didn't cover it.

It's an amusing diversion, so long as you don't think about people getting dumped in the middle of a foreign country, the fact that people most of us know have put effort in organising gigs and stuff, that the driver had planned for being on the road for the next couple of weeks or so, etc, etc. Providing you don't think about that, yeah, it's hilarious.

At the moment nobody outside Flo, the driver and the band know what happened. The band's put their side across, and Flo's said there's more than he originally said. There's a whole load of shit out of this, so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for people to want to know why it's got to this situation.

How much shit is there really though? I mean really? I've put gigs on, and I wouldn't exactly be devastated if a band bailed on a show. Just tell the support bands it's off.  Worst case scenario for the promoter is he/she may lose a deposit on the venue, but how many people on here would actually use a place where deposits are required?
And how big a deal is it really that a few yanks might be stuck in Berlin for two weeks? I've been there. It's ace. Unless they're completely inept at life (remains to be seen) they'll find some floors to sleep on and enjoy some culture.

Let's face it, it's not like FIFA have fallen out with South Africa and cancelled the world cup.
The world will carry on and everything will be fine.

^ this

bit of perspective please people! some pony fucking band come to europe and pull some gigs - hardly a global disaster, eh readers?