Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

The classified football results.

Bury 0 - 2 CCFC. Who's Mark Robins?

Take one for the team;

Cool kids know what I mean.

302

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Captain Beyond self-titled, an appropriate album for Paul Steere's birthday celebrations - I hope the new Mob Rules album has cowbell all over it

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

ChrisA wrote:
thencomesdudley wrote:

The new Richard Thompson

Any good? The last one I liked a few songs, but never gave it more than a few listens:

To be honest same thing you describe has happened. Given it a couple of listens through but haven't revisited it.

"Give me a prejudice, and I will move the world"

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

all windows open
loud as fuck
coffee and smokes
banging

305

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

oriflame wrote:

all windows open
loud as fuck
coffee and smokes
banging

yer such a badass....

Shudder To think - 'Live from Home' for me instead of whatever crap the prick with their desk radio on is playing on the other side of the room.

werden > wogan

you still bore me...

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

some of this morning included

Walls LP
End of the Century Party EPs (does this make me emo?)
Palatka
Embittered
Endstand
Freeze - land of the Lost

307

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

While doing some work in the basement at my workplace (don't ask), I was just listening to Sun Ra - Magic City on headphones. I'm not too well versed in the guy's catalogue having only dabbled so far, but this record categorically rules - one of his mid-70s skronky free-freakouts basically.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Dizee Rascal - Baseline Junky is playing on the radio at work at the moment.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Fallout - Home Killed Meat. Great LP but WHY did they include the live tracks???

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Reds - Is:Means LP

Nous ne voulons pas d'un monde ou la certitude je suis un pomme de terre de ne pas mourir de faim s'echange contre le risque de mourir d'ennui
T-I-M

311

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

donald byrd - places and spaces

Pseudo Colonial Pineapple Tour, 2011

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

elektra boogie wrote:

Reds - Is:Means LP

Great stuff - might give this a spin myself tonight!

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

night and the city of broken promises - 10"

thread killer

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Kool G Rap - 4,5,6

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Right now I'm listening to Oceanic by Isis.  I've never really got the crazy hype Isis seem to attract so I thought I'd give them another chance.

I'm about half way through and its ok I suppose.  It's just Neurosis with a delay pedal though isn't it?

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

General Disdain wrote:

It's just Neurosis with a delay pedal though isn't it?

Yup.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Icos - Framents of sirens

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Killer Mike R.A.P. Music.

First hip-hop that's got me ecited in ages.  Listened to it about 5 times before I found out it was an El-P production.  He did a sterling job - obviously.

It sounds really alive and fast, and is political without being crass.

319

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Thread resurrection. Genuinely interested in what people are enjoying.

GUN CLUB - Miami LP. I was only really familiar with Fire Of Love until recently, but I think I might prefer this one now; great swampy vibes, it sits nicely next to mid-period SCIENTISTS in many ways. 'Carry Home' is a killer opener.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

General Disdain wrote:

Killer Mike R.A.P. Music.

First hip-hop that's got me ecited in ages.  Listened to it about 5 times before I found out it was an El-P production.  He did a sterling job - obviously.

It sounds really alive and fast, and is political without being crass.

you just reminded there's a new El-P/KM album out.
Free download here: http://foolsgoldrecs.com/runthejewels/

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

mattybar wrote:
General Disdain wrote:

Killer Mike R.A.P. Music.

First hip-hop that's got me ecited in ages.  Listened to it about 5 times before I found out it was an El-P production.  He did a sterling job - obviously.

It sounds really alive and fast, and is political without being crass.

you just reminded there's a new El-P/KM album out.
Free download here: http://foolsgoldrecs.com/runthejewels/

It's really good.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Springsteen - Incident on 57th Street
It's great.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

KARATE - 'The Bed Is In The Ocean' LP

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

King Missile - Cheesecake Truck

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

General Disdain wrote:

Right now I'm listening to Oceanic by Isis.  I've never really got the crazy hype Isis seem to attract so I thought I'd give them another chance.

I'm about half way through and its ok I suppose.  It's just Neurosis with a delay pedal though isn't it?

I would recommend taking that copy of Oceanic and replacing it with a copy of The Red Sea.

Sky:Lark (Noisy Post-Hardcore) - http://skylark.bandcamp.com
Man Hands (Fastcore) - http://horsepartyrules.bandcamp.com