Re: Perfect Comps

i remember reading about how Revelation was this classic hardcore label in Kerrang. bought that comp and was bitterly disappointed. i remember wondering whether I was mistaken and it was actually Relativity that was considered the classic label. to be fair, they've put out some better stuff

Re: Perfect Comps

Murders Among Us
All The Presidents Men
Eye Of The Thrash Guerrilla
Thrash Till Death

Re: Perfect Comps

Any of the Blast First comps were good.

As were all the early DHR ones.  Especially We've Got The Fucking Power.

Re: Perfect Comps

ClawCarver wrote:
thencomesdudley wrote:

Actually Richpassivity made me an incredibly good emo tape comp. First time I'd heard June of 44, Native Nod, Indian Summer, Moss Icon.

Yep, me too, must have been '94ish Rich did a tape with Native Nod Bread and Assfactor 4 Smoked out. Another comp while not essential was the No idea cd comp that was $5 post paid anywhere in the world with a fanzine it was the first place I heard Assfactor 4 (Dear Grampa) and Friction (Re-Makeshift Chimney) both mind blowing.

Glad to have been of service! smile

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: Perfect Comps

And I'm still infinitely grateful to Rich for introducing me to the Nuggets box set back in 2000/01...

Re: Perfect Comps

I also bought that Raw War tape comp. Great stuff on there. All the bands you listed. Razzia strikes a chord. Seem to remember their track being amazing.

Re: Perfect Comps

Nick Royles wrote:

I also bought that Raw War tape comp. Great stuff on there. All the bands you listed. Razzia strikes a chord. Seem to remember their track being amazing.

There was an interview with Andy from Xcentric Noise in MRR awhile ago, very interesting. I still play it regularly, Terror Squad by Chronic is a particular favourite. I bought it after seeing an ad in Never Surrender zine at a Subhumans/Cult Maniax gig. The Maniax tracks are also superb, what a truly great band.
Here's Raw War;

http://terminalescape.blogspot.co.uk/20 … w-war.html

Being bilingual ain't all its cracked up to be when you speak fluent bullshit in either language.

Re: Perfect Comps

Your Meat Is My Poison
This Is Boston Not LA

Re: Perfect Comps

Peace/War
Saturday Night Fever

fuck off

Re: Perfect Comps

Yeah I've read a few Xcentric interviews. The Headcleaners EP on that label is an utter classic. Born Bc perhaps not so.

Maniax are playing London very soon. Last time I saw them was In Huddersfield, 1984. They got half way into the first song and got beat up by Hudds Punx/Town Hooligan crew. Beat up the band and their mates. Followed em up to the infirmary and fought them there as well. Ho hum.

Re: Perfect Comps

Nuggets II: Original Artyfacts from the British Empire and Beyond

Re: Perfect Comps

chris-thrash wrote:

Nuggets II: Original Artyfacts from the British Empire and Beyond

Some great stuff on there!

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: Perfect Comps

Nick Royles wrote:

Yeah I've read a few Xcentric interviews. The Headcleaners EP on that label is an utter classic. Born Bc perhaps not so.

Maniax are playing London very soon. Last time I saw them was In Huddersfield, 1984. They got half way into the first song and got beat up by Hudds Punx/Town Hooligan crew. Beat up the band and their mates. Followed em up to the infirmary and fought them there as well. Ho hum.

First time I saw them was with the Subhumans at Weymouth in '83. The local skins were causing trouble down the front so the Maniax stopped playing, jumped off the stage, kicked the shit out of the skins, got back on stage and started playing again as if nothing had happened. Another time playing at a porn cinema in Bournemouth they found out they weren't getting paid so Big Al told the crowd to tear up the seats, which they actually did and the gig wasn't even stopped, utter carnage.
The Maniax were one of the best bands I've ever seen, always excellent even when off their heads.

Being bilingual ain't all its cracked up to be when you speak fluent bullshit in either language.

Re: Perfect Comps

ClawCarver wrote:
Nick Royles wrote:

Yeah I've read a few Xcentric interviews. The Headcleaners EP on that label is an utter classic. Born Bc perhaps not so.

Maniax are playing London very soon. Last time I saw them was In Huddersfield, 1984. They got half way into the first song and got beat up by Hudds Punx/Town Hooligan crew. Beat up the band and their mates. Followed em up to the infirmary and fought them there as well. Ho hum.

First time I saw them was with the Subhumans at Weymouth in '83. The local skins were causing trouble down the front so the Maniax stopped playing, jumped off the stage, kicked the shit out of the skins, got back on stage and started playing again as if nothing had happened. Another time playing at a porn cinema in Bournemouth they found out they weren't getting paid so Big Al told the crowd to tear up the seats, which they actually did and the gig wasn't even stopped, utter carnage.
The Maniax were one of the best bands I've ever seen, always excellent even when off their heads.

Those CULT MANIAX Bournemouth/Christchurch gigs circa 1983-84 were amazing!
That Andy Thompson interview in MRR was done by old Southampton punk Mark Barker I believe.

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: Perfect Comps

Yeah, it was Mark he did a great job on that. I was just perusing the Xcentric Noise disography and as Nick says above the Headcleaners ep is amazing and probably the best vinyl release. The Maniax never really came across on record which is a shame. I think it would be remiss of me not to mention the Party Pooping Punk Provocations comp on Xcentric Noise, the Atrox tracks being particularly of note with some outstanding bass playing!

Being bilingual ain't all its cracked up to be when you speak fluent bullshit in either language.

Re: Perfect Comps

ClawCarver wrote:

Yeah, it was Mark he did a great job on that. I was just perusing the Xcentric Noise disography and as Nick says above the Headcleaners ep is amazing and probably the best vinyl release. The Maniax never really came across on record which is a shame. I think it would be remiss of me not to mention the Party Pooping Punk Provocations comp on Xcentric Noise, the Atrox tracks being particularly of note with some outstanding bass playing!

I saw Mark for the first time in ages at the ANTHRAX Southampton gig last year and he seemed well.
The CULT MANIAX 'Blitz' & 'American Dream' singles were great but the LP was a real mess wasn't it - superb songs, awful production and cover!
Talking of ATROX you aren't in touch with Paul Simmons are you?
Your email address still the same? Need to give you my new address (I moved back to Eastleigh!) and phone number.

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

42 (edited by Nick Royles 21-03-2013 10:32:29)

Re: Perfect Comps

I need to see Anthrax live at some point. Never seen them. So underrated.  'They got it all wrong' ep is actually one of the greatest punk songs outta the UK. One of my fave 7"s from that time.

Never listened to the comp LPs on Xentric. Might have to do that.

I agree the cult M ep american dream was a great record. Feel like they lost it a bit after that.

43 (edited by richpassivity 21-03-2013 10:38:21)

Re: Perfect Comps

Nick Royles wrote:

I need to see Anthrax live at some point. Never seen them. So underrated.  'They got it all wrong' ep is actually one of the greatest punk songs outta the UK. One of my fave 7"s from that time.

Never listened to the comp LPs on Xentric. Might have to do that.

I agree the cult M ep american dream was a great record. Feel like they lost it a bit after that.

ANTHRAX did a superb new self-released album last year. The Southampton gig was the first time I'd seen them (missed Fareham & Wareham gigs in the 80s) and they were well worth seeing.

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: Perfect Comps

I like:
State of the Union
Thrash Till Death
This is Boston not LA
Lion City Hardcore
Rage Generation
Thrasher Skate Rock (all of em...)

Pete Zonked and Zandor have provided me with some kranking tapes in the past too...

you still bore me...

Re: Perfect Comps

I put Anthrax on at Wareham Parish Hall in the summer of '83 with 5 local bands and A-Heads and The Naked. Anthrax turned up with the pa asked to go on 1st said they didn't need anywhere to stay as they were booked into a hotel, played and then went sight seeing!!
I rate the demo as the best thing they ever did even if the bass is slightly out of tune, seminal stuff! All The Wars is a classic!

Being bilingual ain't all its cracked up to be when you speak fluent bullshit in either language.

Re: Perfect Comps

I found out about that Wareham gig a few days after it happened!
That ANTHRAX discography CD that came out a few years back is essential - though I still think the "I can't make sense of it, it doesn't make sense" lyric is awkward!

Added: 21-03-2013 21:07:31

xleox wrote:

I like:
State of the Union
Thrash Till Death
This is Boston not LA
Lion City Hardcore
Rage Generation
Thrasher Skate Rock (all of em...)

Pete Zonked and Zandor have provided me with some kranking tapes in the past too...

Likewise me with Pete!

You Wanna Buy The WHOLE IN THE HEAD Single, Or CONSTANT STATE OF TERROR, But They're Not Pressed In Red, So You Buy FUCKED UP Instead.

Re: Perfect Comps

This comp pretty much defined punk.

Be polite
In the pyramid you hate

Re: Perfect Comps

At last! I don't have to hide my Erasure collection when my mates come round!

49

Re: Perfect Comps

Earcom 1, 2, 3
Feer of Smell
Give me back
AAFM

Re: Perfect Comps

richpassivity wrote:

I found out about that Wareham gig a few days after it happened!
That ANTHRAX discography CD that came out a few years back is essential - though I still think the "I can't make sense of it, it doesn't make sense" lyric is awkward!

Added: 21-03-2013 21:07:31

Saying Capatalism Is Cannabalism over and over at that speed is no mean feat either!
Haven't heard from Paul for years, a couple of emails were exchanged when the GTA thing was in the cards but nothing since.
Yep, bt email is the same but not the hotmail one.

Being bilingual ain't all its cracked up to be when you speak fluent bullshit in either language.