Topic: Football Season 2015-16

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/06/26/1227417/159739-7dd1dcd8-1bc1-11e5-add4-7aceb8442fbe.jpg

so, first weekend. Liverpool won but Sutton lost. And my new Scottish side, Partick Thistle, unsurprisingly lost to Celtic.

best i can hope for after last year's mess is for Sutton to finish in the top half.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Since when do you like football?!

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Mowbray looks to have got us playing. Defence looks sorted (Sam Rickets and Reda Johnson must be about as good a pair as you'll get in L1), midfield needs one winger, need a striker. Like every year, memories of dire football have been shoved aside at the first chance of an away day. Roll on Walsall!

PUSB.

Take one for the team;

Cool kids know what I mean.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Yes, it's the footy season thread, I have something to post about! Two wins from two for County to start the year, not been this optimistic for ages. Pretty sweet to have beaten an outfit called FC United of Manchester tonight too. Because apparently about five or six years ago they invented non-Premier League football and fan ownership/involvement, which was really great of them. Bunch of absolute whoppers, I really hope they go down this year.

settle down

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Hi Rob!

Dons have started well in the league, but frustrating to go out of the Europa League after a very slow start in the away leg. To grasp the silver but rubbish lining from that, we don't have a big squad so at least we can try to push Celtic as hard as possible without any more 7000 round trips t 'Europe' (we played Almaty of Kazakhstan most recently).

Ewan, how come you picked Plastic Whistle?

Re: Football Season 2015-16

scott of the antarctic wrote:

Yes, it's the footy season thread, I have something to post about! Two wins from two for County to start the year, not been this optimistic for ages. Pretty sweet to have beaten an outfit called FC United of Manchester tonight too. Because apparently about five or six years ago they invented non-Premier League football and fan ownership/involvement, which was really great of them. Bunch of absolute whoppers, I really hope they go down this year.

i find it hard to hate FCUM when theres north ferriby and afc flyde in this division.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Palace looking the real deal this season. Reckon we will fall just shy of European places. Need to keep Bolassie and maybe buy a proper goal scorer, but happy with a Wickham/Murray combo.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Is there a Collective FPL league on the go?

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Steve McCLaren????!!!!!!!!!! fucking woeful prick

I reckon Palace to get a result against a leggy Spurs tomorrow

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Costa is just so damn good at what he does, the odious little shite.

He's well overdue to be on the receiving end of a hellbastard of a challenge. Keane vs Haaland-like. I'd like to see some ogre like Charlie Adam just bulldoze through him. Studs up, elbows out, fists swinging, everything that could possibly connect, connecting.

Gabriel's kick-out was shite. If you're going to get a redder for lashing out at Costa, at least put him on his arse.

11 (edited by jimcore 19-09-2015 22:11:19)

Re: Football Season 2015-16

myblackass_ wrote:

Costa is just so damn good at what he does, the odious little shite.

He's well overdue to be on the receiving end of a hellbastard of a challenge. Keane vs Haaland-like. I'd like to see some ogre like Charlie Adam just bulldoze through him. Studs up, elbows out, fists swinging, everything that could possibly connect, connecting.

Gabriel's kick-out was shite. If you're going to get a redder for lashing out at Costa, at least put him on his arse.

To be honest this is needlessly savage. Obviously Costa's a massive BASTARD, but to condone him getting snapped in half a la Keane/Haaland is just unnecessary. He should have been sent off for definite, but Gabriel fell for his bullshit big time. Also, Chelsea deserved to win.

Putting the chat amongst the pigeons.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Kenny wrote:

Dons have started well in the league

This has continued to a quite improbable extent. Eight wins from eight, beat Hearts away today and Celtic last week, five points clear at the top of the table.

I don't really know how to react. This has never happened before.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Tony Mowbray <3

Take one for the team;

Cool kids know what I mean.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Dons have started well in the league

This has continued to a quite improbable extent. Eight wins from eight, beat Hearts away today and Celtic last week, five points clear at the top of the table.

I don't really know how to react. This has never happened before.

Hopefully it lasts. Would love to see Celtic knocked down another peg or two.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Pirlo41 wrote:

Steve McCLaren????!!!!!!!!!! fucking woeful prick

Imagine going from this...
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/06/17/10/29B28F6F00000578-0-image-m-6_1434534841436.jpg

... to this....


http://i2.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article5853299.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Steve-McClaren.jpg

Re: Football Season 2015-16

frank sinclair is the new manager of hednesford.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

saw he was still knocking around the other week! is he registered to play?

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Oldham tomorrow, big gate, PUSB.

It's worth the £££ just to watch John Fleck atm.

Take one for the team;

Cool kids know what I mean.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

pitmanfan wrote:

frank sinclair is the new manager of hednesford.

...and now he's be fired coz he was rubbish!!!

Re: Football Season 2015-16

adamski wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Dons have started well in the league

This has continued to a quite improbable extent. Eight wins from eight, beat Hearts away today and Celtic last week, five points clear at the top of the table.

I don't really know how to react. This has never happened before.

Hopefully it lasts. Would love to see Celtic knocked down another peg or two.

This is still going reasonably well, albeit not quite up there with Leicester.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

pitmanfan wrote:
pitmanfan wrote:

frank sinclair is the new manager of hednesford.

...and now he's be fired coz he was rubbish!!!

...oh no, the chairman has changed his mind and reinstated him  :-/

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Sadly this topic didn't get much love this season, but it has been the best season I have ever witnessed. I genuinely never thought I would see Leicester City win the Premier League, or even get anywhere near it. To do so, with the squad we have and the money spent (relative to others in the league I might add) is truly incredible.

The total cost of the most used starting 11 this season for Leicester is £23m. Last year, for Chelsea it was £200m and hasn't actually been below £150m for the league champion for the last 4 years! To have gone up against all those clubs with financial clout and beat them by playing attacking flowing football (for the most part) is an achievement I don't know if I'll ever again witness.

I'm not bothered about comparisons with Clough's forest team from the 70s - it was a different era and what they achieved was absolutely astounding - but the football climate now is so different. That is not to say I think that this Leicester achievement is better in any way, just that the two aren't really comparable anymore.

Anyway, hats off to Ranieri and all the boys. Can't wait to see them lift the trophy on Saturday.

23 (edited by jebb 03-05-2016 16:50:48)

Re: Football Season 2015-16

Yeah, fair play and a fantastic achievement. I still wasn't convinced they'd do until the final whistle last night - I had Tottenham to win their last 3 and Leicester to draw against Everton and lose against Chelsea. Glad I was proved wrong. It's made me slightly interested in top flight football again

Also, good player but I do hate Jamie Vardy

Re: Football Season 2015-16

jebb wrote:

I do hate Jamie Vardy

Finally!!! Am getting fed up of people kissing his arse myself - vile, cheating little shit. Don't think he's a great player myself either; very effective for his team, but doesn't exactly ooze class. Anyway, this season's been funny and I have enjoyed it, Spurs and Chelsea were both disgraceful last night. What a way to fall apart!

Putting the chat amongst the pigeons.

Re: Football Season 2015-16

jebb wrote:

It's made me slightly interested in top flight football again

haha, definitely this.